Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dhirubhaism


((1932-12-28)December 28, 1932 - July 6, 2002)

Few men in history have made as dramatic a contribution to their country's economic fortunes as did the founder of Reliance, Sh. Dhirubhai H Ambani. Fewer still have left behind a legacy that is more enduring and timeless.

Dhirubhai Ambani was born on 28 December 1932 at Chorwad, Junagadh (now the state of Gujarat, India) to Hirachand Gordhanbhai Ambani and Jamnaben in a Modh Bania family of very moderate means. He was the second son of a school teacher. Dhirubhai Ambani is said to have started his entrepreneurial career by selling "pakora" to pilgrims in Mount Girnar over the weekends.[2] When he was 16 years old, he moved to Aden, Yemen. He worked with A. Besse & Co. for a salary of Rs.300. Two years later, A. Besse & Co. became the distributors for Shell products, and Dhirubhai was promoted to manage the company’s filling station at the port of Aden.

He was married to Kokilaben and had two sons, Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani and two daughters, Nina Kothari and Deepti Salgaonkar.

Following are the Dhirubhaisms from a book named "DHIRUBHAISM" by A G Krishnamurthy. Dhirubhaism is nothing but the "PHILOSOPHY OF DHIRUBHAI AMBANI" as infered by Krishnamurthy when he got a chance to work with him.


Dhirubhaism 1 : ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND HELP
My Interpretation : do things yourself first and expect people to follwo

Dhirubhaism 2 : BE A SAFETY NET FOR YOUR TEAM
My Interpretation : let your people know you are there for them

Dhirubhaism 3 : BE A SILENT BENEFACTOR
My Interpretation : do not believe in your publicity

Dhirubhaism 4 : DREAM BIG, BUT DREAM WITH EYES OPEN
My Interpretation : vision(big), ability to learn

Dhirubhaism 5 : THE ARM-AROUND -THE-SHOULDER
My Interpretation : ability to larn, communicate,trust,agony uncle, listening ear

Dhirubhaism 6 : SUPPLY CREATES DEMAND
My Interpretation : know the market

Dhirubhaism 7 : MONEY IS NOT A PRODUCT BY ITSELF
My Interpretation : determination and perfection, money is just the by product then

Dhirubhaism 8 : LEAVE THE PROFESSIONAL ALONE
My Interpretation : empowerment

Dhirubhaism 9 : CHANGE YOUR ORBIT, CONSTANTLY
My Interpretation : revise your vision, change, scale

Dhirubhaism 10 : OPTIMISM, THE CORE
My Interpretation : convert adversities to opportunities

Dhirubhaism 11 : YOU CAN FIND A FRIEND IN EVRY HUMAN BEING My Interpretation : find good(positives) in everybody and be a friend to that

Dhirubhaism 12 : THINK BIG
My Interpretation : dream and dare and scale

Dhirubhaism 13 : HOLD ON TO YOUR DREAMS
My Interpretation : courage, persistence, perseverance, self confidence

Dhirubhaism 14 : BET ON YOUR PEOPLE
My Interpretation : trust, faith, confidence and empowerment Dhirubhaism 15 : BE POSITIVE
My Interpretation : no cribbing, be knowledged, be informative,

5 everyones derived from Dhirubhaism
know everyone
help everyone
trust everyone
humble to everyone
patience with everyone

This article is my part of a tribute towards this great man on his Birthday

source:
1 - Internet
2 - DAIICT



--
trackback :
my blog
my profile
my microblog

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg!

No comments: