Monday, February 16, 2009

Red Green Blue - Cartridge Refilling

I have a HP PSC-1402 All in One printer. It has Printing Copying and Scanning facility. But the main problem is its cartridge. New cartridges are costly and the refilled don't last long.


So for the first time in almost three year i got the color cartridge refilled. Initially the charge for BW cartridge was Rs 80 and now it has become Rs.100. The color cartridge cost me Rs.250. Do not know whether the color rates are at par but the guy who refills it dies it pretty good.
Do just have a comparison I went to Cartridge World in Mulund West. What i found was the rates were a BOMB. Color refilling was around 450 and BW refilling was around 225. They have a good deal if we give both refilling at a time. So finally I got the refilling from the local guy.

Just to make it clear, the coloring thing normally works with the combination of three basic colors Red,Green,Blue (RGB the acronym). It is the usage of this color with different intensities that we get all the shades of the color. All the three with least intensity will give White and all the three shade with full intensity will give Black to just explain it.

What this guy did is, he by mistake put more of Red color in the cartridge. It was even leaking from the cartridge. The worst part was whenever I used to print any color image or document it was all in Red. So I called him up and he told to keep on printing 4-5 pages till all the extra Red color goes.

Hence I went to internet to find some images in RGB so that I knew whether rest of the color is somewhat working good.

The image search result really came out with good or Fantastic images of RGB and its combination.


So did try to print it 3-4 times and 4th time I got all the colors right. :))


--
trackback :
my blog
my profile
my microblog

Stumble Upon Toolbar Digg!

No comments: